Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Hubby's Splinter

I am the best-ever splinter-taker-outer. If I cannot remove Nick's splinter it is only because my tools are not high-tech enough. I have these kick-ass tweezers, designed specifically for splinters but their point is so fine, so thin, that when the splinter is deeply embedded the tweezers don't have enough grip. Currently, I have encountered a massive piece of wood that has, thus far, eluded me.

Well, Nick DID come home to me immediately upon encountering this massive piece of evil wood but i wasn't there - then he broke the damn thing (it went in one side and out the other - an inch apart) so as is our custom, i began the removal process upon his return from work. typically i am always able to remove even the wee ones and the invisible ... i specialize in pressure treated! anyway, i could grab and i could tug but i couldn't keep hold of this sucker! it was awful and boy oh boy did it hurt - i was deep in there! every time i pulled on the splinter you could see the wood flexing under his skin, an inch away. now it is swollen and blue-ish - poor guy. but we know, we have to now wait til it festers and the puss acts as a sort of explosive force to aid it the removal!

No comments:

Post a Comment